DOWNLOAD SECTION

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

LIFE BEFORE COMPUTERS

LIFE BEFORE COMPUTERS


An APPLICATION was for employment
A PROGRAM was a TV show!

A CURSOR used profanity
A KEYBOARD was a piano!

MEMORY was something that you lost with age
A CD was a bank account!

And if you had a 3 1/2 inch FLOPPY
You hoped nobody found out!

COMPRESS was something you did to garbage
Not something you did to a file!

And if you UNZIPPED anything in public
You'd be in jail for awhile!

LOG ON was adding wood to a fire
HARD DRIVE was a long trip on the road!

A MOUSE pad was where a mouse lived
And a BACKUP happened to your commode!

CUT - you did with a pocket-knife
PASTE you did with glue!

A WEB was a spider's home
And a VIRUS was the flu!

I guess I'll stick to my pad and paper
And the MEMORY in my head.

I hear nobody's been killed in a computer CRASH
But when it happens they wish they were dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment